Thursday, March 18, 2010

Don't Miss the Magic!

Making a lapbookImage by Andrea_R via Flickr


 


I found this quote today, and it really captured my feelings perfectly:



Sometimes when your kids comprehend something new, it happens after a lot of effort and study. Sometimes it has to wait until their mind is ready to grasp the concepts. When my daughter has trouble fully understanding a math concept, for example, I’ve found it’s helpful to just leave it be, work on related but different lessons, and go back to the trouble topic in a couple of months. Always, she then understands the concept with no effort. I’ve been lucky to have been able to have so much time to study how my kids learn. Because of this, I am always on the lookout for those telltale signs of learning. Passion for a subject, paying attention with no difficulty, asking unexpected but completely relevant questions.wired.com, Keep Watching Your Kids Learn, Mar 2010



I hope you will read the entire article. It espouses exactly what I love most about the entire homeschooling adventure!

Not everyone enjoys spending time with their children. Not everyone gets excited about learning. Not everyone notices the unique abilities, interests, passions and gifts that their children possess. Too bad! They're missing so much!


 


 



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: